We are seeking a System Administrator for our network preferably for on-site operations in Hamburg.
• Maintain and develop our heterogeneous production network in Munich, Hamburg and Berlin including our renderfarm, workstations, physical, virtual server and storage infrastructure
• Deploy, maintain and support artists workstations
• Deploy software and manage configurations for our VFX Pipeline
• Monitor and tune our systems to ensure maximum performance and stability
• Provide system and software support to all users including artists, production and company staff
• Work closely with pipeline team to integrate new tools and workflows
• Work closely with production teams to ensure we deliver our projects with the best possible quality while respecting the deadlines
• Maintain and oversee our data sets including active projects data, backups and archives
• Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies to increase performance, reliability and manageability
• Enforce and improve our security policies
• Resolve critical outages in the shortest time
• Really good knowledge and working experience in Windows and Linux system administration
• Really good knowledge of hardware setup, maintenance and troubleshooting
• Really good troubleshooting skills
• Solid understanding and working experience in administration, enhancement and maintenance of IP networks
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Self-motivated personality who demonstrates great commitment and ability to work autonomously, with minimal supervision
• A drive to improve and constantly learn new skills
• A friendly, always ready to help behaviour toward our staff and clients
• Good communication skills in English
• A good knowledge of at least one scripting language like bash or python
This job is on site in our Studio in Hamburg. Part of the tasks can be done remotely, so a part-time-remote-work-model is absolutely possible (wow .. what a long word for a nowadays status :)
Hamburg is the cradle of 'visual addiction', established in 2000.
It also hosts the headquarter of the group and accommodates most of team-members and tech.
Originally starting out with an emphasis on motion design, the studio has continuously extended into specialising in design, direction, cg-production and digital innovations.